The History of the Ducati

The three sons of Antonio Cavalieri Ducati, a well-known industrial engineer from the end of the 19th Century, created the Ducati company. Antonio Cavalieri Ducati, native of Comacchio, transferred to Bologna during the second half of the Nineteenth Century, when the industrial revolution was at its peak.
Societ Scientifica Radio Brevetti Ducati (Ducati Patents Radio Scientific Society) was established by Antonio Cavalieri Ducati on 4 July 1926 and specialised in the production of radio communication technology.
When their father died, sons Adriano, Bruno and Marcello began their activity with the production of a condensator called “Manens".
Production widened with the creation of the first radiophonic apparati, radio antennas, the first interphonic communication systems called “Dufono”, photo cameras, electric razors, cinema projectors and electric additioners.
During the Second World War, Ducati was obliged to convert production to military use and after the armistice of 8 September 1943, the factory was occupied by German troops. It was bombed and destroyed on 12 October 1944.
The Ducati brothers did not lose faith and already at the end of 1945 the company had been partially rebuilt, which allowed them in March 1946 to start producing Cucciolo, the first motorcycle product made in Borgo Panigale.
Unfortunately, specifically as a result of the damage sustained during the war, the Ducati brothers were no longer able to manage the company in a profitable manner therefore, in 1948, the property became a State holding.
Bruno, the last and youngest of the Ducati brothers, died on 18 May 2001 at the age of 96.

about